This recipe for banana bread is cafe-quality and only requires 4 simple ingredients.
- 4 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line a baking, loaf tin with baking paper.
- Peel the bananas and cut in half.
- Place the bananas in a mixing bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Mix in the 1/2 cup sugar and 2 eggs, until well combined.
- Stir in the 2 cups of self-raising flower with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter into the tin.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
If you don’t have self-raising flour, you can use 2 cups of plain flour and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
Are you looking to add a bit of a twist to your banana bread? You can customise the recipe to your liking, by adding half a cup of chocolate chips or even a teaspoon of cinnamon.
For more easy dessert recipes, take a look at our Cheats Vanilla Slice or Six Minute Cake.