If you have a hankering for some old fashioned caramel fudge, this recipe is the stuff of school fete memories. Whether it’s for yourself or thinking ahead to homemade Christmas gifts, this will hit the sweet spot!
125 g butter
395 g sweetened condensed milk
2 tbs golden syrup
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white chocolate chopped into small pieces
- Line a 7cm x 25cm bar tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add condensed milk, brown sugar and golden syrup.
- Stir over low heat until it comes to the boil, then simmer for 10 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, stir in white chocolate and mix until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared tin and allow to cool. Refrigerate for two hours before cutting into small squares.