If you have a hankering for some old-fashioned caramel fudge, this recipe is the stuff of school fete memories.
Whether it’s for yourself or as a gift for someone special, this caramel fudge will hit the sweet spot!
125 g butter
395 g sweetened condensed milk
2 tbs golden syrup
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white chocolate chopped into small pieces
- Line a 7cm x 25cm bar tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the condensed milk, brown sugar and golden syrup.
- Stir together over low heat until it comes to the boil. Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat, and stir in the white chocolate. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared tin and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate your caramel fudge for two hours before cutting into small squares.
Handy caramel fudge hint
Don’t double the recipe when it comes to making more fudge! One of the keys to a successful caramel fudge is that it requires a steady control of the heat. By adding in twice as many ingredients this will affect not only the cooking, but the cooling rate of your fudge.
Still hungry? Check out one of our other delicious recipes, such as our easy chocolate tart or spinach cob loaf.