There’s nothing better than a delicious autumn recipe, as we head into the cooler nights and days, and this tart is the perfect place to start.
400g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm pieces
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 sheets frozen, puff pastry, slightly thawed
2 brown onions, finely sliced
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup milk
50g feta, crumbled
2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Toss sweet potato with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and spread out on a lined baking tray. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden on the edges.
- Lightly grease a 15 x 35cm rectangular tin and lay pastry sheets, slightly overlapping, into the base of the tin. Trim any excess over the sides.
- Prick the pastry base with a fork, cover with baking paper and fill with pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 15 minutes, until caramelised.
- Add the sugar and vinegar to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until all liquid has evaporated.
- Spread the onion mixture over the pastry base and top with sweet potato.
- Whisk the egg and milk together and pour over the top.
- Finish with feta and thyme.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until pastry is golden and milk mixture is set.
If you don’t have pie weights, you can use rice instead!
Enjoy our monthly eNews
For the best of our blog and more, get ‘Seasons Living’ emailed to you monthly
You may also like