Want to make this traditional Aussie classic, but pushed for time? Check out this easy vanilla slice recipe, ready to eat in less than an hour.
This version of vanilla slice ensures you won’t be slaving over a hot cooktop to make your vanilla custard filling, leaving more time to put your feet up and enjoy this delicious sweet treat!
2 sheets of puff pastry
600ml thickened cream
300 ml milk
100g packet instant vanilla pudding mix
1 ½ cups icing sugar
1 tbs softened butter
1 tbs boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- Lightly grease two baking trays.
- Place a pastry sheet onto each tray and prick with a fork.
- Bake the pastry for 8-10 mins until it is puffed and golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the vanilla pudding mix, milk and cream for about 3-4 minutes. until it is thick and creamy.
- Spread mixture on top of one of the pastry sheets and then put remaining pastry sheet on top.
- Mix together icing ingredients and spread over the top of pastry sheet.
- Set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Loved this easy vanilla slice recipe and looking for more delicious desserts to try out? Take a look at our easy chocolate tart recipe.