Are you looking for an easy-to-make cake recipe for your next morning tea or birthday event? This delicious, one-bowl custard cake should be your go to!
All you will need in terms of equipment for this delicious custard cake is a mixing bowl and wooden spoon.
250g butter, at room temperature
2 cups self-raising flour
2 cups caster sugar
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3/4 cup custard powder
Icing sugar to decorate, if you choose
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a square or circular lined cake tin.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean in the middle.
- Allow the custard cake to cool on a rack before serving.
- Dust with icing sugar to decorate.
To try different variations and flavours of the cake, you can add in chopped fruits or golden syrup.
If you enjoyed this easy custard cake recipe, try our three-ingredient lemonade scone recipe.