Are you looking for an easy-to-make cake recipe for your next morning tea or birthday event? This delicious, one-bowl custard cake should be your go to!
250g butter, at room temperature
2 cups self-raising flour
2 cups caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1 cup milk
3/4 cup custard powder
Icing sugar to decorate, if you choose
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together until just combined.
- Pour into a square or circular lined cake tin.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean in the middle.
- Allow to cool on a rack before serving.
Try different variations and flavours of the custard cake by adding in chopped fruit or golden syrup for something different!