125g butter softened
½ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup of your favourite jam
Plain flour (to dust)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper.
2. Use an electric beater to beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence until pale and creamy.
3. Add the egg and beat until combined and then sift in flour and stir until the mixture is combined.
4. Using lightly floured hands, roll teaspoons of mixture into balls. Place on prepared trays about 5cm apart. Make an indentation in the centre of each ball and spoon in ½ teaspoon of jam into each biscuit.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are cooked through and lightly golden. Remove from oven and leave to cool for 30 minutes.