This easy chilli recipe only requires one pan – perfect for a quick dinner and leftovers for lunch the next day!
500g ground beef mince
1 tablespoon of olive oil
3 spring onions, sliced
1 capsicum, diced
1 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup of tomato juice
1/2 cup water
1 x 400g can of red kidney beans, drained
1 x 400g can of corn, drained
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/2 cup of rice
1 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
4 teaspoons of chilli powder (or less depending on spice level you desire)
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the beef, onion, garlic and capsicum and cook until the beef has browned.
- Strain the liquid from the pan and then return to heat.
- Pour in the kidney beans, water, tomato juice, oregano, rice and chilli powder and stir through.
- Reduce the head to medium low and cover for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the corn and cheese, and cook for five more minutes, until cheese is melted.
- Serve with spring onions.
Looking for that perfect easy dessert after your meal? Why not try our six minute cake recipe.