Our our simple pavlova recipe is perfect for an Australia Day long weekend catch up! It’s a simple iconic Aussie dessert, sure to impress your friends and family. Serve with seasonal fruits and enjoy.
250g egg whites (approximately 1 cup, but this will depend on the eggs)
1/2 teaspoon vinegar
500g castor sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
Any fruit, such as mango, strawberries or kiwi fruit
- Preheat the oven to 150 C.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites with the vinegar until soft peaks form.
- While mixing, add in the sugar, little by little, until the peaks are firm.
- Add the cream of tartar.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper and draw a circle for the outline of your pavlova in the middle of the paper.
- Gently spoon out and shape the pavlova mixture into the shape of the circle on the tray.
- Cook for one hour, or until firm to touch.
- Once cooled, top with whipped cream and fresh fruit.
After your pavlova has finished cooking, turn the oven off and leave it in there to cool for one hour. This will help prevent the inside collapsing and the meringue cracking!
Looking for a savoury snack to have with your pavlova or to take along to an event? Try our classic devilled eggs.