Cheryl Evans, Sales Manager at Seasons Mango Hill, shares her favourite soup recipe. Cheryl says this easy soup is a big hit with family and friends and perfect for a cold winter night.
1 large butternut pumpkin
1 large sweet potato
2 tablespoons of red curry paste
2 cups vegetable stock
2 brown onions
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon of ginger
1 can coconut cream
1 tablespoon of oil
Salt to taste
- Peel and roughly chop the pumpkin and sweet potato, and place in a slow cooker on LOW.
- Peel and dice the onions.
- Mince the garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil in pan and fry together the onions, ginger, garlic and red curry paste for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook on HIGH in slow cooker until simmering.
- Switch the slow cooker back to the LOW setting and cook until the vegetables are soft.
- Allow to cool slightly and then whisk smooth with a hand blender.
- Stir through coconut cream.
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
Are you looking for the perfect dessert to follow your soup? Check out our caramel fudge or jam drops recipes.